The next morning (later that morning?) an ear infection was confirmed and antibiotics were prescribed. I stayed home with him on Wednesday and did the 4 hour Tylenol dance. Dose, wait 20ish minutes, have happy, seemingly normal little boy, then as the time ticks away to the 4 hour mark he gets grumpy and hot all over again. I was hopeful that the antibiotics would kick in and quickly do their job. Thinking I maybe would even be able to go back to work on Thursday. Unfortunately around midnight we were once again awoken by a screaming, hot little boy. We gave him more Tylenol and I waited and waited for it to kick in, but as the minutes ticked by, he didn't get more calm and sleepy, quite the opposite, he seemed to get angrier. It wasn't long before I found out why. As I was pacing up and down the hallway with his little head on my shoulder he started making awful noises. Before I knew it he and I were both covered in vomit and more was coming. I called to Brad to get a bath going and quickly ran Mike into the bathroom where I stripped him down and we cleaned him up. After losing the entire contents of his stomache, he finally seemed to be at peace and feel into a fitful sleep in my arms. After he was snugly in his crib, and Brad was snoring away in our bed I collected all of the soiled clothes and went downstairs to begin a load of laundry at 1am. He thankfully slept until 6am when he woke up with a fever of 102 again. I gave him some Tylenol and emailed my boss to let her know I would be working from home again. Fortunately the antibiotics seem to be kicking in and by 7:30ish he temperature was back down to normal. Now, his temperature is still normal, so I'm hoping we are past the worst of it.
This is where mothers come in. No one can ever explain the love you will have for your child. The sacrifices you will be willing to make. The things you can put up with. If I could take the infection out of his body and give it to myself I would do it in an instant so he would not have to suffer.
Motherhood is a tough club. You're going to make a great member! I love you, Sweet Pea. Hope our boy is feeling better.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Mom
Pour little guy!
ReplyDelete