Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

Because of "Snowmaggedon 2011" Peabody closed yesterday and Mike and I had a nice snow day together (of course Brad still had to go to work). While I did spend a big chunk of the day working from home (thank you Mike for your 2 naps totaling almost 5 hours), Mike and I had lots of fun!


Mike began the day by playing in his water table for a grand total of 3.5 minutes. It took me WAY longer to fill up.



After he was done with the water table we both got out our laptops and got to work. He practiced waving "bye-bye" every time he shut the lid on his computer (and I do mean E.V.E.R.Y.T.I.M.E) while I did normal boring accountant stuff.


After his morning nap and lunch we decided baking cookies was the perfect snow day activity. We decided on peanut butter and set about with our task. Mike did an excellent job sitting on the counter, supervising and licking spoons and beaters as necessary.


See...look at those professional beater licking skills. You would hardly believe it was his first time.


While our cookies were in the oven, Mike took his supervising skills over to the front window to see how the snow/ice/sleet situation was shaping up.


He decided he needed a closer look, and going outside to actually inspect the white stuff was definitely necessary. Now for you Utah/Wyoming naysayers out there: yeah, you can totally still see grass in this picture, however if you look at the bush just behind Mike you will notice that it is covered in ice. Slippery, scary ice. So while we may not have feet of snow, the ice is enough to keep me at home. By the way, the white stuff isn't snow at all...it is sleet. Accumulating sleet. Crazy Missouri.


After his afternoon nap (and more working on my part), we decided it was high time for an art project. I constructed this beautiful easel out of a paper box and Mike set to work.

As his assistant, it was my job to hold the bowls of paint, obviously. In case you were wondering, Brad got off early and made it home safe and sound!

1 comment:

  1. it looks to me that you did a credible job of making Mike feel better about missing day care.MK

    ReplyDelete