He felt a little warm to me last night so I took his temperature. It was 101. We gave him a hit of Tylenol hoping he would be better by morning. When he woke up this morning he still felt warm so I took his temperature again and it was a whopping 103. We waited until our pediatrician's office opened and gave them a call. Even though his temperature had fallen back down to 101 by the time I talked to them, they still wanted to see him. So in we went. The pediatrician didn't find anything acutely wrong with him (i.e. no ear infections or anything like that) and told me to keep monitoring his temperature and give Tylenol as needed. As of his bedtime tonight it was still hovering around 102. I really hope he is feeling better tomorrow.
This is how Brad found us when he got home from work today, in case you didn't know a very important job of a mommy is being a temporary baby mattress. I played this role a lot today as Mike was a very unhappy boy unless he was in my arms or sleeping on me. Can't say I minded at all.
And as an unrelated side note, I think Mike must have had a growth spurt recently. When we took him to the pediatrician exactly two weeks ago for his six month check up he weighed in at 17 lb 10 oz, today he weighed 18 lbs 10 oz. Gives new meaning to the phrase "growing like a weed."
No comments:
Post a Comment