Thursday, June 10, 2010

Go away!!!

See that ugly bruise? Yeah, I know it's kind of hard to tell what it is because I took this with my cell phone...but I'll tell you it is an ugly bruise. Where did you get such an ugly bruise you ask? In order to answer that question we must venture back over 6 months...yes people, I have had this bruise for OVER 6 MONTHS. This is the bruise from my IV when I was in the hospital giving birth to Mike. And as he was 6 months old yesterday, that means this bruise is over 6 months old (I got the IV on December 8). Granted it has gotten a lot better, but it just won't go away. There is even an extra, darker bruised spot from where the needle sat in my arm. People must think I am an IV drug user or something because I have had this "track mark" for the past 6 months. And honestly who has bruises that last 6 months???


Here are the reasons why I think this bruise has lasted so long (I've had a lot of time to contemplate since it just doesn't seem to want to go away).

1) The person who gave me the IV did a bad job. For the early hours of labor (I was at the hospital before my contractions started because my water broke) the stupid pain of the IV bothered me a lot more than labor itself.

2) I had the IV for an extra day over what most pregnant women have (due to being in the hospital for an extra day because of the c-section).

3) They gave me IV iron. Now this may be my own conjecture (well all of these are my own conjecture but never mind), but when they hook up a bag of stuff to your IV pole that looks like espresso and burns like fire it is going to cause some sort of negative repercussions, I just never imagined I would still have that nice reminder over 6 months later.

4) I bruise ridiculously easy. People probably think Brad beats me because of all the bruises I have and my inability to remember where they came from. As a side note I have little toe sized bruises on my thighs from Mike standing on my lab (yes, I bruise THAT easily...as a side note to my side note I think part of the bruising is you just notice them more than on other people because I am PASTY white...anyway to get back on track here...).


So as a moral to my long and tangential story I wish this stupid bruise would go away already.

1 comment:

  1. Ow, Sweet Pea!
    Genetically speaking, I think it's a downside of having that beautiful porcelain skin. Sorry,
    xoxoxo

    Mom

    ReplyDelete