Brad's dad lives in Saudi Arabia but owns a house in Louisiana. Generally, once a year, they are able to come back to the states for a month or so. This year they decided to spend most of their time in Louisiana and have everyone come visit them, so we boarded our flight (#12 for Mike if you are counting) and headed down to New Orleans! We arrived in the city on Friday afternoon and quickly made the trip from the airport to the French Quarter. We had a fantastic Cajun dinner at Mulates then headed across Lake Pontchartrain (on the 24 mile long bridge) to Covington. On Saturday we got into the spirit of the bayou and headed to an alligator ranch (Insta-gator). After being bit by a baby alligator (Brad), feeding marshmallows to alligators, getting our picture taken with an alligator and playing with alligators in the "petting zoo" we were all ready for a little rest. Sunday morning we decided to head back into New Orleans. We boarded the Natchez for a two hour paddle boat cruise along the Mississippi. After a quick lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe (we had to go there because Brad collects zippo lighters from everyone we go to) we wandered around the French Quarter for a little while. After a whirlwind weekend we made it home late Sunday night (after flights #13 and 14 for Mike).

Alligators are born with all 80 of their teeth. Brad admitted that this did actually hurt a little bit.
Mike petting the baby alligator (it was 9 days old)
My little poser ;)
Mickey (AKA "Pockets") with an alligator in the petting zoo
Tammy (AKA "Nana") with an alligator
Brad with the jumpy alligator (it seriously kept trying to thrash it's way out of his hands)
I'm not certain, but I think this is my "Holy Hell I'm holding an alligator" face.
Mike waving to his adoring fans.
More waving (Mike has lots of adoring fans)
Paddle wheel on the boat.
Mike and I on the boat (yeah, I guess that is pretty obvious, but I wrote it anyway, so there).
Thanks to a very nice British couple who told me we had a "proper camera" we actually got a family photo!
No comments:
Post a Comment