I have been trying to teach Mike to clap for months. I think it is absolutely adorable when babies clap, so it has been my mission to get my little boy to clap. I sing stupid songs, I clapped his hands for him (which he LOVED), I would clap my hands. I would dance and clap and sing and be met with smiles and waving hands but no freaking clapping. Yeah, yeah, he waves, he says mama (to me) and dada (randomly), he plays cute little games with me, but I was so frustrated that he wouldn't clap (don't get me wrong I LOVE all of those other things he does, especially the waving and "mama").
Well that all changed on Wednesday. When I picked him up from daycare he saw me and (yep, you guessed it) started clapping! You would think he had won a Nobel prize with how excited I was. Now he is a little clapping machine. He claps when I pick him up, he claps at Sammy, and he is always sure to give me a round of applause after I finish changing his diaper. Unfortunately I don't have a picture or video yet, but I will post one as soon as I do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment