Thursday, March 22, 2012

Farms, fishing and sunburns

Not far from our house there is a park with a farm incorporated into it.  It is nothing big but houses a variety of horses, cows, pigs, chickens, goats, sheep, turkeys, ducks and geese.  Understandably, kids love the place.  We ventured out on Tuesday morning and Mike was in pig heaven (ha ha ha).

Such a cute milk maid
 After the farm we grabbed lunch and then met Brad at a nearby lake to let Mike experience fishing for the first time.  He was well equipped with his "Cars" fishing pole (no Snoopy poles could be found).  He thoroughly enjoyed throwing his bobber and lure into the water.  His big catch of the day was Ryan, when a rogue cast cash the leg of Ryan's pants (luckily it only got his pants).  Shockingly no fish were captured.

I also learned a new trick while we were "fishing" - how to nurse a baby in a pouch carrier.  Seems like a good skill to have finally tried and conquered.  On and the sunburn part of the title is all me.  Mike is already becoming tan from all of his time outside, I protected Ryan like crazy due to years of my own terrible sunburns and stories of sunburns I got as a baby, but apparently I forgot about my self and came home with a nice "burn" line (I don't get tan lines).  It was bad enough that a number of people in my step aerobics class commented on it.  And so it begins for 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you working to develope Mike into a future fishing buddy. What no pictures of Mike and his big catch,a 12 pounder on his new rod . This should have been documented. MK

    ReplyDelete