Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring?

Here is the view from our back deck on Thursday March 24, 2011. I thought the trees looked especially pretty all flowered up so I decided to snap a few pictures. Turns out it is a good thing I did. Because on Saturday March 26 things looked a bit like this. When all was said and we ended up with about 6 inches of snow. It looks a lot more like winter around here right now than it did, well, pretty much all winter. Our poor trees are so heavily laden with snow right now I'm afraid with the softest breeze will leave us with broken branches everywhere.
I'm guessing this pirate ship was not anticipating a trip to colder climates. Hopefully everyone is stowed safely below deck.
Sadly, here is one of my flower pots. These amazing violets bloomed about once a month ALL WINTER LONG. It was the weirdest thing. We'll have to see if they make it after being covered with six inches of snow.

Hello little violets! Be Brave, spring will return soon!

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos!! Your yard is so pretty in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was that March 19th post. You tempted fate.
    xo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete