Friday, May 14, 2010

Fashion...or lack thereof

I don't really have much of a fashion sense...I'll just come right out and say it. My mom disagrees with me everytime I bring this up and says I have a great sense of style. Well she is my mom and would love me if I was wearing a sack (i.e. she has mommy goggles). I think I look ok most days. I don't wear polka dots with stripes anything blatantly obvious like that. However today I am a little worried. I thought my outfit was just fine...perhaps even a little fashionable, but I have already had two people say "wow, that's really bright." The first was my husband. The conversation went something like this:


Him: wow that's really colorful
Me: yep...is that a bad thing...
Him: shrugs shoulders and walks away

The second was a guy at work and the conversation went like this:

Him: you're really bright today (as he looks up from his desk when I walk in his office)

Me: you're the second person to tell me that. You know, with it being so dreary outside, I thought it would brighten things up a bit.

Him: yeah, I was going to wear bright clothes today but decided against it. End the conversation by giving me a "wow that's bright" kind of look.


So what do you think? Is my outfit awful? Do I look like I should be part of Rainbow Brite's posse, or perhaps like I'm trying to mimic Barney? Or do these men just even have less fashion sense than I do?
Apparently this is my new posse. I wish I could ride the horse.



Hi Folks, my name is Erin the dinosaur...I love you, you love me...

2 comments:

  1. Not to worry! Yes, it is a bright outfit, but that is only because you have a lovely white complexion that makes it stand out. Spring is for wearing bright colors. Tell the boys to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look just fine!

    ReplyDelete