"As my daughter is placed in my arms, the solitary aspect of this endurance is over. I now realize, in the moment of her birth, that I will never be alone again. This child will be with me always. When she is no longer in my arms, she will be in my thoughts and in my prayers. And every decision I make, I will consider the heartbeat of my child. In the instant of her birth, my life no longer belongs to me. Although I share my life with her father, I give me life to her. This is my new vocation, parenting a child.
With my gift to my child, I am given another in return: fear. I fear for the frail infant. I fear for her safety, her health. I worry if she will be happy and content with my husband and me as her parents. I fear for my own life, too, my own health and safety. I have a responsibility to protect my own life now, so I can protect this child and she will not suffer loss."
Written by Maraya Goyer Steadman.
he has stolen my heart also! and I can`t wait for him to do it again. MK
ReplyDeletewelcome to the club!
ReplyDeletexo Mom
Just wait dad, you're not going to know what hit you a week from Saturday!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute!!
ReplyDelete