Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

This was my first year as a mom celebrating mother's day. My boys made sure it was a special day for me. Mike woke up at 5:56am. I grumbled "I wish he would have let me sleep in until at least 6" and got up to brush my teeth (didn't want to kill him with morning breath). By the time I got into his room he was asleep again, so back to bed I went, until he woke up at 6:16. Hey 20 more minutes of sleep is 20 more minutes. So at 6:16am I got up, changed his diaper and nursed him. He fell back asleep while eating and I held him and rocked for an hour (time flies by amazingly fast while watching a baby sleep). After and hour I went downstairs to catch up on an episode Grey's Anatomy. I hardly ever watch TV anymore and find myself falling weeks behind on my favorite shows, so watching it was a little treat to myself.


After my guilty Grey's Anatomy pleasure Brad kicked me out of the kitchen to cook my a delicious bacon and egg sandwich (my request) for breakfast. After breakfast Brad and Mike presented me with lovely mother's day gifts. A necklace from Mike. Two pairs of earrings (big ones from Brad and little ones from Mike) and a scent diffuser air freshener thing (because according to Brad there HAS to be something smelly on mother's day).
The lovely necklace (and yep that sure is a combination of spit up and slobber on my collar...an extra little gift from Mike)

After gifts I wanted to go on a nice family walk so off to a nearby park we went. Mike slept during the entire walk, but Brad and I had a nice time doing the exercise circuit (and no I'm not posting pictures of that because they make me look like wimp). After the walk we did a little impulse shopping at Barnes and Noble.
Brad and Sam on our walk

During the afternoon we did a little gardening, then headed out to the Drunken Fish for a delicious sushi dinner. All and all a fantastic day!
Getting ready to go outside and garden
Assessing the damage of the fallen tree in our back yard (from the storms a week or so ago)
Family picture before dinner
Mike and I at dinner (yes I know my face is blurry, I live with it, so can you).

A special thank you to everyone who wished me a happy mother's day today! Happy Mother's day to all the great mom's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment