Brad and I are REALLY bad at Valentine's day. For the first 7ish years of our relationship we tried the "traditional" Valentine's day thing. You know what I'm talking about, flowers, chocolates, dinner, etc. Well, we would always get into a big fight. For example, one year he got me a camelback for Valentine's day. Now, not that I didn't like the gift, but it wasn't what I expected for Valentine's day (read: I expected flowers...hey, at least I'm honest). So every year we would get in a big fight over stupid things. So after years of this happening we decided to just stop trying to celebrate a "traditional" Valentine's day. Not to say we gave up entirely, we would normally go out to dinner together and then roam the aisle's of Target or Wal-Mart and buy chocolates at 50% off, and if we did buy any sort of a gift we would buy it together and it would be something we could both use (last year we got a Sam's Club membership...romantic I know). Since we have stopped having expectations of what Valentine's day should be we haven't gotten in a fight. So imagine my surprise when this showed up at my door yesterday while Brad was at work.

Two dozen beautiful roses AND a box of chocolates. Now one of my favorite phrases is "boys are dumb." Think about it, there are a million examples of how true these three words are. This is NOT one of them. Brad...you did good :)
And Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment