Friday, November 2, 2012
Things Mike Says...
1) In St. Louis people expect kids to tell them a joke to get candy on Halloween. It is a weird, quirky, St. Louis thing. This year we tried to teach Mike a joke (last year he just said "BOO"). We had the following conversation while driving in the car on Wednesday:
Me: Ok Michael, you need to learn a joke to tell people when you go trick or treating.
Mike: Ok Mommy.
Me: Hmmmm....let's think, what about "What did the ghost say to it's mommy?"..."you're BOO-tiful"
Mike: OK. I like that.
Me: Ok, say these words: "What did the ghost say to it's mommy?"
Mike: You're Booo-tiful
Me: That's good, but you need to say the first part too. So repeat after me "What did the ghost say to it's mommy?"
Mike: I don't know.
Me: Ok, try to say these words "What did the ghost say to it's mommy"
Mike: Mommy, I can't. I'm just a boy.
2) When picking Mike up from school the other day:
Me: Here buddy (holding out his coat), let's put your coat on.
Mike: Why?
Me: Because it is chilly outside and I don't want you to get cold.
Mike: No, I don't want to put my jacket on.
Me: Why not?
Mike: Because I like the way the cool air feels on my skin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment