Some things:
1) I have two boys?!?!? The fact still boggles my mind. Luckily Mike is handling the new addition EXTREMELY well. He is constantly asking where "Baby Rynan" is and wants to give him kisses all the time. We have been making it a point to shower attention on Mike, so I think that is helping the situtation.
2) Mike says some of the cutest things that I have no intention of correcting him on. "Zippa" = Pizza; "Noo-nles" = Noodles; "Tinkled" = Tangled (the movie); "Door-gurt" = Yogurt; "Do-nin" = Doing; I'm sure there are tons more but those are all I can think of in my sleep deprived state.
3) It is really interesting noticing the differences between Mike and Ryan from when Mike was a few days old. Ryan is the calmest baby (I'm totally going to jinx it by saying this). He rarely cries and instead makes little grunting noises when he is hungry/wet/gassy/etc. Mike on the other hand was either sleeping or we were actively trying to keep him happy. Ryan will happily lay on anyone quietly. Mike liked to be moving all the time. We bounced that baby all over the house. Mike had much better head control from the very beginning. Ryan can keep his binky in better. Mike never was interested in sucking his fingers/thumb, Ryan is already trying to jam his thumb into his mouth. Mike only tolerated being swaddled for the first few days and then would fight until his arms were free then fall asleep happily. So far Ryan likes being swaddled (really only at night) and gets upset if his arms become free.
4) Breastfeeding is SO much easier the second time around. Holy cow.
No comments:
Post a Comment