Thursday, February 23, 2012

3 Weeks In

Here we are...3 weeks into this 2 kids gig.  Ryan is still an excellent baby.  He rarely cries, sleeps well, eats well and is as cute as can be.  Mike still LOVES Ryan.  Mike is still having a hard time sharing mommy and daddy, but he is getting better.  I think since he seems so much bigger now we have been treating him like he is older older, which isn't fair to him.  I have to remember that he is just a two year old boy whose world has been quite rocked.  The other night as I was putting him back to bed I held him, rocked him and sang to him.  We had a little chat and he told me that he loves baby Ryan but doesn't like having to share mommy.  Quite insightful for two.  I really don't have any amazing insight into this parenting thing.  I love my children and would do anything to protect them.  It surprises me that Ryan has only been with us for three weeks because it is hard to imagine our life without him.  He has taken over our lives and ours hearts so seamlessly.  He just fits.


1 comment:

  1. (to the proper melody:) Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boys!
    Love,
    Mom
    (I miss being there, so does brampa)

    ReplyDelete