Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Weekend

Last weekend was a whole new level of busy.  Friday was the ortho graduation dinner followed by Brooke's bachelorette party.  Unfortunately Mike got sick Friday afternoon and I missed these events.  Brad represented the family at the ortho dinner and the bachelorette party succeeded without me. 

Saturday morning marked Mike's first swimming lesson.  It is a "mommy and me" type of class where he is in the water with a parent.  After he got used to the water temperature he loved it.  I think I may have received a few nasty looks from other mommies who MAY have gotten wet due to Mike's exuberant splashing (in my defense it was encouraged by the teachers.  After the wedding we all got dressed up and headed to Brooke's wedding.  Brooke is technically married, however, her "real" wedding will be in San Juan next month. 

Mike being the center of attention per usual


Mike and I spend most of the ceremony in the back or outside.  He decided that a the actual ceremony was a great time to throw a nice big tantrum
After the wedding we headed over to the ortho end of year bbq.  We all had a really good time.  I don't think Mike stopped eating the entire time we were there.

On Sunday, the Gillman's drove up from southern Illinois to spend the day with us at Six Flags.  We packed everyone into the car and headed out.  It was a long, fun day.  Can't wait to do it again!

The kids showing me how to spin on the hot air balloon ride

Mike cooling off at the splash park

Tuckered out little boys

No comments:

Post a Comment