Hi Mom and Dad,
Yes, I am sleeping right now, but I asked Grandma if she would write you a letter for me. You've been calling so much I think you're worried about me. Maybe you just want to talk to Grandma and Grandpa, but I thought a little letter might make you feel better. I asked Grandma to send some pictures, too. She said she's try her best to get them to attach to my letter.
Auntie Sarah and Grandma did a nice job of traveling from Aunt Erika's house to Evanston. I slept for the first part and then Grandma played with me and fed me my favorite snacks. When I got hungry, we stopped at a TA and I got to eat a LOT of carrots and Mac 'n' Cheese. I didn't know they had that stuff in Rawlins! We met some of Grandma's friends there. What a small world. I got to see another guy named Mike and his wife Kathy, and I met a pretty girl named Sydney. She was in Grandma's class last year.
I slept a little more and played with cups on my toes and then we stopped at Little America. What a fun place! There were people everywhere. I ran and giggled and flirted and even made faces in the mirror, at ME, when Grandma changed my pants. Then the most wonderful things happened. Grandma bought me a banana and some ICE CREAM. (Wow, was it COLD. I think Grandma already sent you the cold face picture, so you can tell it's true.) She bought me some fun dinosaurs, too. Auntie Sarah helped me play on the playground and I liked the slide and the shakey bridge the best. I could even get up to the top of the slide all by myself! Auntie Sarah helped me go across the monkey bars. Whew! That stuff kind of stretches your arms. I think I'll wait until I'm bigger to do that again.

When we got to Grandma's house, guess what! Grandpa was there! He was so happy to see me. We had dinner and I got a bath (I DON'T LIKE taking a bath at Grandma's but I'm trying to be brave.) Then I went right to bed and slept the whole night through.
Yesterday, I went for a walk down the road with Grandma and I picked up rocks. They have rocks here just like at Uncle Derek's house! I threw them at the puddles. Grandma was walking backwards and I tried it too. I can do it for a long time. I even tried to run backwards. It's hard, but I think I can do it better if I practice. We played with toys, too. Grandma has a bunch of toys and books for me. I like Squirty Fish and Starfish the best. In the evening we went for another walk and I saw a LOT of water. Grandma and Grandpa made me hold hands when we went over the bridge, but they let me run when we were on the road. I climbed through the gate with only a little bit of help. We went over to a little house and there was a big pile of snow in the front and I got to throw snowballs with Grandma. Can you believer that there is snow in May? My hand got cold, but I didn't want to stop it was SO much fun. Grandpa sat on a bench and watched me. He said I was a good thrower!
Today Grandma had to go to work and I got to stay with Grandpa. He was waiting and waiting for me to wake up. I slept until 8:30. I had a little trouble sleeping last night. I got thirsty and couldn't find my cup, but Grandma rocked me and sang a nice song and gave me a big drink. I sleep a lot here. I think being in the mountains and doing so many new things makes me tired. I like napping here. The bed is just like the little one I used to have. (Thanks for sending my blanket. It helps me feel comfortable.) Anyway, Grandpa put my car seat in his big truck and I got to go and get trusses with him. We went to the barn, too. I think I scared the horse and mule. They didn't want to come and see me. Grandpa did a nice job of remembering to give me snacks and water and he even changed my pants when they got wet. He's a pro. He made caribou burgers for dinner. He made me a little one and put cheese and catsup on it. I didn't like it very much, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings, so when he wasn't looking I put it on the floor for Al. She's a big dog and she says "WOO WOO." Grandpa and Grandma watch her a lot when I'm by her, but she's being nice. Most of the time, she stays outside.
Grandma and I went for another walk tonight - I though of you walking on the beach and I was walking on the dirt road. You were picking up shells and I was picking up rocks. You are eating exotic food and I tried to, too.
Tonight before bedtime, Grandpa went to the barn and I stayed home with Grandma. We watched a cartoon on Nick Jr. about a little girl from China at a water park. I learned to play gently. After that, it was time for another bath. I think Grandma knows that I don't like her tub, because she let me put the toys in the water, and then GUESS WHAT! She blew bubbles into the tub! They don't pop so fast and I got in and I could catch them! It was still scary and we went really fast, but it was a lot better with the bubbles. Maybe tomorrow I'll be even more brave.
Mommy, I really like it when you talk to me on the phone. It's hard for me to talk back, but I like to listen to you. I hope you're having as much fun as I am. Tomorrow night we are all going to town for something called a retirement party. It's at a bear park. I hope there aren't any real bears there. Grandma says I will get to meet some more of her friends and there will be other kids there to play with and lots of food - I'm always up for lots of food! ;D
Grandma says not to worry, I'm being a REALLY good boy. She and Grandpa are taking good care of me and I like them, they're funny.
Be careful at the beach. I heard about a bunch of people getting stung by jelly fish. If you see some, GET OUT of the water.


Mike, you are the most articulate munchkin in the english speeking universe. MK
ReplyDelete