Part B – CANCUN, MEXICO
The reason my mom and sister came to take Mike was so Brad and I could have a little getaway, just the two of us. I was super excited for it, but also dreading it at the same time. On Tuesday morning we left Denver and headed for sunny Cancun, Mexico. After an uneventlful flight and airport shuttle we were in the lobby of our hotel. We decided to go the “all-inclusive” route again as it is just so convenient and stress-free. The resort itself was alright. We decided we probably won’t go back there just because we have liked other places in the past more, but it was still very nice. This part of the story is actually pretty boring because the vast majority of what we did involved sitting on the beach and reading. Occasionally we would go play in the ocean, a couple of times a day we would take a long walk on the beach in the surf and watch the pelicans dive. All and all it was pretty low-key an uneventful. I did lose my sunglasses in the ocean twice within 15 minutes and we amazingly found them both times. I may have nearly lost my swimsuit top one of the times I lost my shades (some of the waves were BIG). Brad may have had a mild confrontation with a poor waitress (at the hotel) where he told her he had never felt less special in his life (she wouldn’t let him sit on the cooshy chair because he was not an “elite” member of something). We did experience the public transportation system in Cancun and took a bus from our hotel to the downtown area. But really, there isn’t much to talk about here. I read two entire books and got a nice sunburn. End of story.
love it when you let your beautiful hair down Red!
ReplyDelete