Thursday, May 26, 2011

Welcome to the world baby Landon!

Last week a friend announced she and her husband were adopting a baby.  Landon William was born on Monday May 23.  I decided that a baby shower was in order and threw one together in 1 week.  We decided that Wednesday evening would be the best time to have the party (yes - 2 days after Landon was born...yay for busy busy schedules) and since we scheduled it for Wednesday evening I decided I needed to serve dinner.  It was a hectic week, but I'm pretty happy with the results.  We moved in an extra table (to the play room) to accommodate everyone and ensure that everyone had a place to sit to eat.  We decorated the dining room, play room, kitchen and living room.  I cooked stuffed shells, and served them with french bread and salad.  We made a few appetizers and then ordered cupcakes from Sam's club.  Tuesday night Brad and I were up fairly late, cooking, cleaning and decorating.  He was a huge help!  But in the end every minute of effort and stress were well worth it.  Maegen (the new mom) seemed really happy with everything!


The living room prior to the guests arriving.  I strung up a "clothes line" of Mike's newborn items that made the perfect back drop.  We brought down the rocking chair from Mike's room to serve at Maegen's chair and I draped Mike's baby blanket over the coffee table to serve as a gift table.  I made a diaper cake for Maegen to serve as the center piece for the gift table.

Baby Landon resting comfortably in Jean's arms during dinner.

The ever lovely Brooke taking her turn at snuggling the little one.

Matt (the new dad) helping keep Mike occupied during the shower games.

The proud new parents!

Guests at the party (from the left Lara, Donna, Jean and Jess).

Maegen being a good sport during the games.

Opening presents

Jean and Jess

The diaper cake I made for them

The happy little family!

Matt, Maegen, Landon and the new grandparents, Donna and Rich!
Congratulations again, we couldn't be happier for you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again Erin!! You went above and beyond as usually and we really appreciated it!!
    Maegen, Matt and Landon

    ReplyDelete