Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Break: Part II

Hi!  It's Mike again.  Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to part 2 of my spring break adventures, but what can I say? I'm a busy guy.  In between playing, throwing tantrums and eating there really isn't much time for anything else.  Anyway, to continue the story...

On Friday morning we went to Mastodon State Historic Site.  It was only a little ways from our house and we got to see an entire mastodon skeleton!  It was really cool. Maybe next time I'll pay better attention so I can tell you what a mastodon actually is. All I know is they are really big and kind of look like elephants. 

Me showing grandpa the way to the museum.  I didn't want him to get lost or anything

Me and the mastodon skeleton.  See I told you it was REALLY big.
 After we looked at all the neat stuff in the museum we took a hike down to the Kimmswick bone bed.  We didn't see any bones because the bone bed had been covered up, but it was still lots of fun. 

After the museum and our hike we stopped at the playground so grandma could play a little bit.  I was really nice and showed her how to use the swings.

Grandma swinging...look at what a good job she is doing!  I must be a great teacher.

After our mastodon adventure I took a nice long nap.  All of that learning, hiking and playing must have really worn me out.  When I woke up from my nap we took the dogs to Fabick lake to let them run around a bit.  I really liked playing in the water and throwing rocks and mud.


Grandma and grandpa liked sitting a safe distance away and watching me throw rocks and mud.


Watching Sammy swim


That night it started to rain really hard again and those siren things were making lots of noise so mom and dad made us all go into the basement.  They tried to get me to sleep down there but I was not having it so I stayed up extra late (all the way until 9:30)!  Well, that just about covers it!

No comments:

Post a Comment