Friday, January 7, 2011

Things to Remember

Reading is very important in our household. We are trying to instill a love of books in Mike early to help him foster a lifelong love of literature. We usually read 2-3 books every morning before heading out to daycare and then in the evening before bedtime. Mike has learned that if he brings me a book, I will stop whatever I am doing to read it to him so he will often walk up to me, book in hand, ready to read. The cutest part is if I am sitting down, or as soon as I sit down, he will get close, turn around and back up to me and sit on my lap. He prefers to hold the book himself (and seems to prefer to hold it upside down), and usually listens intently for about 25 seconds before he has wandered away to find another book or toy.


1 comment: