Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Weekend

Our weekend was pretty low key.  Brad was on call so we hadn't made any plans.  We didn't have anything that HAD to be done and there wasn't anywhere we had to be.  Unfortunately, Brad went into the hospital early Saturday morning and we didn't see him again until Sunday evening (mostly true, he came home for an hour, but that doesn't really count).  So the boys and I were left to our own devices. 
 
Saturday morning we started out with some much needed haircuts (for them) and then a 4 mile run (for me).  During the cool down they got out of the stroller and ran around like tiny, crazy people.
 
 
 
Since a storm was headed our way I felt it VERY necessary to make cookies.  No idea why snow days and cookies go hand in hand in my mind, but they do.  I tried out a new recipe which was a big hit with everyone.


We have instituted a "quiet time" rule in the house every weekend.  While Ryan naps, Mike has to play quietly in his room for an hour.  He does not like quiet time.   On Saturday I peeked into see the scene below.  Apparently being Mr. Destructive is quite exhausting.


After dinner, Mike decided he wanted to color.  So we had a color party.  He colored the Bat-mobile and insisted I send a picture of it to Brad.


Sunday morning came with another snow storm.  It was sleety, icy and snowy, so we spent the entire day inside.  Mike never even got out of his pajamas.


On a whim, I had purchased a pre-school activity book for Mike.  He LOVED it.  And, yes, I realize my children are dangerously hanging out on the kitchen counter.  The good news: they survived!


Ryan decided to take an epic nap on Sunday (around 3 hours) so Mike and I hung out and watched some cartoons (after quiet time was over).  Kitty jumped up and snuggled right in.  Mike was so excited that he didn't move for 35 minutes.  Normally kitty tolerates him at best, so he thought this was pretty awesome!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful peek into your weekend. We are missing you all terribly. Can't wait until next month.
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    G'ma and G'pa.

    ReplyDelete