Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Playground Picnic

I think we can all agree that it has been a long winter.  St. Louis has gotten three times the snow it normally gets and the ground has been snow-covered for the majority of the winter, which is VERY rare.  I grew up in Wyoming.  I don't mind snow and I don't mind cold weather.  But at the same time I have been a little bit spoiled by the relatively mild winters St. Louis has to offer and like everyone else I am more than ready for it to get a little bit warmer.  Mother nature finally obliged and blessed us with two 70+ degree days in a row that just happen to fall immediately after day light savings time so we actually have some daylight to enjoy the weather.  Last night we decided to forgo our normal evening routine and instead have a playground picnic.  I picked the boys up from daycare, Brad grabbed some sandwiches and our plan was set in motion.
 
The boys were so excited to play.  They competed in slide races:
 

Climbed as high as they could:


Dug a "Big hole to catch a bunny:"

Attempted to jump rope:

Any played and played and played:


After they were done playing we settled into a kid sized picnic table (that they also loved because their feet could touch the ground) and had a little picnic.

 
Tonight we plan to drill and eat outside on the deck.  Tomorrow, we will be bundling up and making soup because it is supposed to snow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment