Friday, January 31, 2014

The Span Between Two Points


Everyone warned me that once I had a baby time would go in warp speed.  They were right.  Adding a second baby to the mix just makes things go faster.  The days may be slow, but the weeks, months and years seem to fly by. 

Ryan has transformed from a pile of baby into a sweet, silly, opinionated little boy.  When he woke up this morning he must have realized he was two and decided he needed to start on his "Terrible Two" persona immediately.  He was as crabby and sassy as ever.  He actually practiced making cry faces in the mirror while I was getting ready.  When I asked him if he was ok, he happily replied "Yep!" then went right back to it.  As sassy and opinionated and TWO as he is, he is still my baby.  He still will happily snuggle into my shoulder at every opportunity and run for me to comfort him whenever he is unhappy.

I can't help but think back today about the day he was born and try to remember the little details that have faded over the past two years.  The funny conversations we had with my nurse.  The teenage parent who asked my mom if Ryan was an albino baby.  How excited Mike was to finally meet "Ry-nan Patch-Kick."  I hope in the years to come I will still remember these little snippets of his past because sometimes I look back and can't remember how he got from the baby that he was to the boy that he is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment