Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Greatest Show on Earth, and other happenings last weekend

Even though it is completely out of order I'm going to start by talking about our trip to the circus, which happened Sunday afternoon.  It is out of order because I listed the circus first in the title and it feels wrong to talk about other stuff first.  I guess I could always go change the title, but then I would have to delete all of this and well...I don't want to.  So here is our out of order weekend:

On Sunday afternoon Mike, Ryan and I went to the circus (Brad was out of town).  I scored tickets from work (in the box nonetheless).  They loved it.  Mike couldn't sit still and danced most of the time.  Ryan LOVED the animals more than anything.


As a funny story.  Right as the tight-rope walkers were setting up for the stunt shown below, Mike looked over at me and said "Mom, I DO NOT think this is a good idea."



Before the circus on Saturday morning Brad left semi-bright on early with a group of friends for the Notre Dame - USC game in South Bend, which left the boys and I alone to our own devices.  I wasn't feeling great (yay for head colds) but decided to suck it up and get some exercise anyway.  "We" accomplished a chilly 4 mile run.

Saturday afternoon my sickness/tiredness caught up with me and that coupled with the boys indecisiveness about napping killed my idea of a trip to the zoo.  We hung out around the house and just played instead.




On Sunday, after the circus (see kind of confusing) we met Brad at home (yay he was back) and headed out to a pumpkin carving party.  Mike went for a traditional jack-o-lantern, while Brad opted for a more scary pumpkin, using the stem as a nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment