Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ryan Patrick


When Ryan was a newborn he was the calmest, sweetest baby I had ever encountered.  He rarely cried, he slept extremely well and was pretty much up for anything.  He spent hours in the Ergo happily snuggled into my chest.  People warned me that they had similar experiences and to "just wait."  I did the classic parent thing and thought "nope, not my baby.  My baby is going to be sweet forever."  Turns out Ryan must have been spending those early months just taking it all in, learning how things work and how they can be manipulated.  Around 9 months we started to see the change.  He was somewhat mobile and was into as much mischief as possible, now at nearly 18 months I am terrified for what is to come.  He is fearless and smart.  He is adorable and a schemer.  The other night during dinner he was sweetly sharing his water with me while simultaneously sneaking food to Sammy - I didn't even catch on right away because he was creating a diversion!?!?!  The other night during bath time he wanted to get in the tub.  Brad and I were both preoccupied helping Mike and doing other things and before we knew it Ryan has dived head first into the bathtub fully clothed.  He looked a little dazed for a second then started splashing around happily. Where his brother is so good at following rules and helping I'm thinking this guy is in the "it is easier to ask for forgiveness" side of things.  He sure is lucky he is so stinking cute.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan is without a doubt the cutest and most effective terrorist every! As he grows older we will wait to see if he goes on mission or jihad. Cute little bugger, can't help but love him. MK

    ReplyDelete