Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Weekend

Last weekend was weird. The good parts were really great, and the not good parts were really terrible. Friday night we took the boys to a "Trunk or Treat." It is a pretty popular thing here where a bunch of cars park somewhere and kids go trick or treating from car to car. A lot of churches and schools tend to host these. The one we went to was hosted by the Chamber of Commerce of a nearby community. It was crazy how many people were there - but Mike loved it.  Ryan slept through the entire thing.




Saturday, Brad was on call and had to go to the hospital so I decided to take the boys to a nearby playground.  After about 40 minutes I decided to head home and started noticing that something just wasn't quite right with my vision.  As we were driving home I noticed I was experiencing classic signs of a migraine (which I used to get when I was younger and have started having sporadically since Ryan was born).  As soon as I got home I called Brad.  He assured me he was on his way home so I struggled through the 30 minutes until he arrived then went to bed while he took care of the boys.  Two hours later he told me that he had to go back to the hospital for a case.  I was still feeling pretty terrible but put on my big girl panties and dealt with the situation anyway.  He didn't get home until after 10pm that night.



On Sunday afternoon we took the boys to a pumpkin carving party hosted by one of Brad's co-workers.  It was a lot of fun.  Mike ran around like a crazy person.  Ryan looked at us like we were crazy people and Brad won the prize for the most time spent carving a pumpkin (not really, but if it existed he likely would have won).



On Sunday night we had (free) tickets to see Primus in 3-D. Brad was a pretty big fan of the band in high school so we decided to go. I have to admit it was by far the weirdest concert I have ever been to, but it also had the best people watching of really anywhere I have ever been. Weird music aside, it was fun to get out for a date night with some friends.





We made it home around 11:15 and headed to be (since Brad had to be up at 4:30).  Unfortunately, my dreams of sleep were interrupted by an adorable 8 month old who woke up at 2:30; 3:30; 4:30 and then refused to stop crying unless I was holding him AND nursing him.  He would be O.U.T out until I tried to set him down.  Then he would start screaming.  My night did not go so well and Monday morning was a little rough.  But there is our weekend in a nutshell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment