Friday, December 2, 2011

Things He Does

I've said it before and I know I'll say it again but Mike learns new things every.single.day.  His vocabulary is exploding (the other day he busted out a seven word sentence).  So before this phase passes and I forget all of the cute things he does, I figured I should jot them down.


1). He finishes most of his requests with the word "first."  I don't think he is implying he wants something first versus second, I think he just picked it up from me saying "ok, we can do that, but let's finish this first."
2) He used to always say "yeah" now it is "ok."
3) He LOVES to clean the floors and gets the broom and mop out at least once a day and makes the floor "clean clean clean" he is also adamant that I help and will get a broom out for me too.
4) He has started telling us when he is ready for his nap by declaring it to be "seepy-time."
5) He is fascinated with Christmas lights and calls them "pretty yights."  We "yook" for them with our "eyes" while driving home every night.  While in the car he consistently asks for "more pretty yights mommy."
6) He has to pet Sammy and Kitty good bye every morning before we leave for daycare.  We can be out the door and he will run back inside to give them pets.
7) He is picky about his shoes and insists on wearing certain ones each morning.
8) Moo-mie (movie) = Gnomeo and Juliet.  I can't even count how many times we have watched parts of that movie. 
9) We bought him a little tent with a tunnel attached and he loves it.  The first day he kept trying to convince me to come into the tunnel with him.  I was smart enough to tell him I was too big, so now anytime he sees the tunnel he looks at it, then at me and while shaking his head no says "mommy no tunnel, mommy too big."  He studied Brad REALLY carefully before making the same assumption about daddy.
10) He refuses to wear socks if he isn't wearing shoes.  It is kind of like the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"...if you take his shoes off then he wants to take off his socks, then his pants, then his shirt then his diaper. 
11) He doesn't like to use kleenex and instead requests wipes.  He also needs a wipe every morning when I change his diaper to "keen [clean] up panda" (his favorite stuffed animal).  But don't worry, he gravely informs me that "panda no poop"  each day (thank goodness for that).
12) He loves to "help" me cook and pushes his step stool over to the appropriate place when we get home each night.  He also insists on "pouring" everything that needs to be poured.  We end up with a lot of minor spills, but it is 100% completely worth the help.
13) He is great about helping me set the table each night.  He even reminds me of what needs to be set out ("pates" = plates; "fork", "na-kins" = napkins, "dinks" = drinks, and "bib").  He even knows to put one of each item at each person's place.  He gets really confused when I only give him two of something (usually because Brad isn't going to make it home to eat with us) and asks "mommy or daddy?"
14) He likes to grab both sides of my head and give me kisses. 
15) While driving to daycare each day he has to name each of his friends and each of his teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment