Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bob and Puck

Meet Bob and Puck.  Now if you recognize the people in the picture above, you may be a little confused by their new names, but I assure you Bob and Puck is who you are looking at (well Puck and Bob if we are going from left to right).  I suppose a bit of elaboration is in order...

So as I have mentioned before Mike's vocabulary is EXPLODING.  He will repeat nearly anything we say back to us and has 70-80 words that he regularly uses.  Sometimes we play a "repeat after me" sort of game.  Where I will say "apple" and he will mimic "AP-ple", then I will say "cherry" and he will mimic "CH-er-EE", and so on and so forth.  Word after word.  A week or so ago I asked him if he could say "Grandma" to which he replied "BOB."  I laughed and said, "no, Mike, say Grandma", to which he replied "BOB."  OK so he missed one.  Let's try another.  We went on with another dozen or so words until I threw "Grandpa" into the mix.  He happily called out "PU-CK" over and over and over again.  So now anytime you ask him to say grandma he replies with "Bob," and for Grandpa he always replies "Puck." 

No comments:

Post a Comment