Friday, July 15, 2011

Grandma's here!

I've been working a ton this week and my mom is in town to visit and help with Mike.  Since I have been a big blog slacker this week I have recruited her to keep you entertained.  Enjoy!

Hey Blog Fans! Mike here.
I asked grandma to show you some of the fun things we've been doing this week. Mama and Daddy have been working hard and I haven't had to go to daycare even once!

Saturday Daddy came to swim lessons with me and we splashed a lot.  Grandma took pictures.

You already saw my Monday picture.
This is the watermelon and I tried to eat all of it!

On Sunday we all went to Grant's Farm and I got to ride the carousel with Mama.  I saw some GIANT tortoises and some big, red parrots.

Then we went to the elephant show and saw Bud do a lot of tricks. 
 He was REALLY big!

Did you notice my cool outfit? Grandma and Grandpa sent it to me.  It's Carhart, just like Grandpa wears! (Did I mention that Grandma likes to take LOTS of pictures of me?  She really does.)

On days when the heat index isn't in the 100's, we go for walks, sometimes in the mornings and sometimes in the evenings.  This is me stopping to smell the roses.  It's nice of my neighbors to grow them right on the edge of the sidewalk!

Mommy and Daddy are having an anniversary soon and Grandpa sent them a nice gift.  I got the best deal, though - a whole box of "Poppy Peanuts!" I threw them and stomped on them and sat in the box with them.  Thanks Grandpa!!!

Summer in Missouri is SO hot. Grandma fills up my water table and I get to play on the back porch.  When she's not looking I splash her toes - and the rest of her, too.  She giggles and so do I!  (Can you see her toes?)

This is me trying to sneak up on her, but she caught me.
(Did I tell you she likes to take my picture?)

Yesterday I had a play date with my friends Luke and Lillian. We went to a big park with a playground, a big lake and a lot of farm animals. I got to swing and climb and see horses and hear a turkey gobble. It was REALLY fun!

Here is a picture of us "Down on the Farm."
(I'm the tractor guy on the right - remember how much I like to drive tractors?)

All of the other stuff this week was fun, but today...
Grandma took me to the Magic House!
Oh, Boy!  This is the reason to come to St. Louis, if you ask me.  This place is wall-to-wall FUN for kids.  I just love it all! These pictures show a few of my favorites. We didn't have room to put them all or this post would go on until next Christmas.  (Really, you should go there...take me...really. Grandma will take your picture, too.)

This is the ABC wall.  You slide up the little doors and there are real things inside, like the frog under door F. 


This is one of the GIANT musical instruments.  I never saw a guitar like this before.  Grandma showed me how to turn the pick handle.

After a busy day I like to relax with a hobby. 
Today's choice? Painting abstract art.  I like to get into my work. (I painted on paper and the driveway and on Mama, too.)

That's it for today, Fans.  I have some more plans for this week and I'll fill you in later.  I hope you are all having a great summer, too!  Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment