Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Apple Pie Oh My!

I'm not a huge pie person. I prefer cake, however, Brad loves pie and despises cake. At our wedding we had a wedding pie to go along with the cake. On Christmas we make Jesus a birthday pie (the Jesus Pie) instead of a cake. It's kind of funny really. I've always been kind of intimidated by baking pies (aside from pumpkin...I love me some pumpkin pie from scratch), but when I found this recipe for apple pie I knew I had to try it.

Apple Pie:
12ish apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1 C. Sugar
1-3TBS cinnamon
1/4 C. Flour
Lemon Juice
Refrigerated pie crust

Spray your pie pan with pam and lay the pie crust in the dish.

Wash your apples:
Peel your apples:
Core and slice your apples:
Take a quick break to watch your baby laugh:
In a large bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon and flour. Toss the apples in and mix until they are well coated. Add a few dashes of lemon juice and toss again:
Pile the apple mixture into the pie pan:
Cover with the other half of the pie crust and press the edges together. Then cut four slits in the top of the pie:
Brush the top with milk or egg whites:
Bake at 425 for 40 minutes. Check on the pie after 20 and if the top is starting to get really brown, cover with a foil tent. Remove from oven and bask in your baking prowess:
Slice and enjoy:

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job, Sweet Pea!!! It looks delicious. Will you do a repeat for Mike's birthday? Please?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete