Friday, August 6, 2010

Things I Hope I Never Forget


Mike is at an age where you can literally watch him learn to do new things every single day. His little body is just getting stronger and smarter every minute. It takes my breath away to watch him learn and grow. Since he changes so much it is easy to forget little things that he does (or used to do). I really hope that these little things don't get lost in the shuffle and that I will think of them years from now and my heart will be warmed.

With his new found mobility, he seems to love being able to get around and explore on his own. One of his favorite new pastimes is to crawl to the front window, pull himself up and watch whatever is going on outside. He will bang his little hands on the window whenever someone walks by, or a car drives by, or really when anything happens (and sometimes just because he likes to bang on the window). He will periodically turn around, look at me and give me a big smile as if to say "look at me mama, this is fun!!!"

Generally on his way to the window, or when he is finished at the window, he will "explore" the vent directly below the window. He will bang on it with his little hand, yell into it (I think he likes the echo) and giggle when the cold air blows on his face fluffing his hair up in the front.

1 comment: