Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Tribute to the Prizm

What can I say about the car that has carried me nearly 120K miles, the car that I maneuvered through multiple Wyoming and Utah winters, the car that has trekked across the country from St. Louis to Wyoming and back numerous times, the car the somehow survived having a high school driver, then a college aged driver?
You may be curious what this post is all about. Yesterday I bought a new car (well new to me anyway). Not really a huge deal, but it marks the end of me driving my little Prizm everyday (yep the same Prizm I had in high school, and college, and when I moved to St. Louis). My dad bought the car for me over Thanksgiving weekend 2000.

The Prizm was amazingly reliable. I honestly put off getting a new car for the past couple of years because I felt there was no point in buying a new one when I had one that worked perfectly well. I put up with MOUNDS of criticism about my "tin can" and "death trap" of a car, but in the end, I'll be lucky if I ever have as good of a car.

Thanks for the ride my little Chevy Prizm.

(as a side note, I did not trade the Prizm in...seriously that car has no value to anyone except me...we still have it and Brad is going to drive it for the time being to keep miles off his truck, then it may make one more trek out west to become my sister's car).

No comments:

Post a Comment