So I did it. I went and broke my new car already. While I was driving home from work yesterday a giant pipe appeared out of no where in the middle of the highway and jumped up and attacked the underside of my car (you can ask my boss, she was right behind me when it happened and she agrees it appeared out of no where). I thought everything was ok until this odd scraping noise started. So I pulled off the highway and stopped at a sketchy gas station (there was a sign in the store that said something to the effect of "if you have a concealed carry permit please keep your gun out of sight unless you see a criminal pull a gun in the store"...classy place I know). I surveyed the damage and determined that the big piece designed to protect my undercarriage had lost a battle to the pipe and was not quite attached anymore. Luckily the sketchy gas station had electrical tape, so I bought the most expensive roll of electrical tape ever and spent the next 10 minutes trying to tape the under carriage protector thingy back on. I made it home without any problems and was met with Brad's disapproving eyes. I tried to explain that it was good that I hit the pipe with the Rav-4 and not the prizm because 1) the prizm would not have cleared the pipe and there would have been much more damage; 2) We have way better insurance on the Rav-4 (if necessary) and 3) the Rav-4 is still under warranty (though I doubt this would fall under the warranty)...his argument...I shouldn't have hit the pipe (duh). So now I am back to driving the Prizm for the time being.
Here is a picture of baby boy from a few weeks ago to make this whole post a little cheerier!
No comments:
Post a Comment