My birthday was almost 3 weeks ago, but I can still talk about it, right? We had planned to go see Chevelle on Saturday night (the day after my birthday) at the Pageant. We had a babysitter lined up and were both excited about a date night. Then a few days before my birthday, I was offered free tickets to see BB King at the Peabody Opera House. I took them and we ended up having two birthday date nights in a row!! BB King was a very interesting experience. When he played, it was awesome. He sounded exactly like all of the recordings I have ever listened to. When he stopped singing (which happened frequently), things got really weird. He had a hard time staying focused on what was going on and would babble on somewhat non-sensically for long periods of time. At one point people in the audience started shouting at him to "play some music" which was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. At the end of the show the band director was having a hard time getting BB to stop playing and leave and so things once again got kind of awkward. Overall, the show was awesome. It was amazing to see a legend play. Would I do it again, probably not.
Date night two was Chevelle. I had never been to the Pageant before and it was an awesome, intimate venue. The band was great and it made me feel like I was in college all over again.
Brad insisted on lighting all 31 candles:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment