Brad is the Trauma chief right now and has a mentality that his feet should be the first in the door and the last out the door each day. As you can imagine, he has had some long days.
The boys are growing as fast as ever.
Ryan is talking more and more and appears to be on the verge of being potty trained. I think we are going to give it another effort this weekend and see what happens. Ryan is as much of a stinker as ever and is taking the baby of the family role seriously. He likes to get his way and throws down his awesome two year old tantrum whenever he doesn't get it. At the same time he is a sweet little boy who rarely declines a snuggle. He is much more outgoing than Mike was at this age and will happily talk to anyone he meets.
Mike is an inquisitive, smart, funny four year old who frequently points out to me how curious he is. He asks questions about everything from how electricity works to why I can't put the "green" gas (aka diesel) in my car, but grandpa can put it in his truck. He has a thirst for knowledge that I love, but also find frustrating at times when I honestly have absolutely no idea how to answer his questions. He loves to sing and dance and will ask to watch music videos and have dance parties.
Last week Brad was in Memphis for a conference and of course Ryan got sick. I picked him up from daycare on Friday afternoon, promptly gave him a dose of Tylenol and then checked his temperature 90 minutes later. It was 104.2?!?! I called Brad and he instructed me to take Ryan to the ER. Turns out it was "just" an ear infection, but I learned a strong appreciation for pharmacies that are open late and have drive-thru service (thank you Walgreens). Luckily a co-worker/neighbor was available and came over to watch Mike while I took Ryan so the stress factor was minimally less.
Now everyone seems to be healthy again and we have a vacation coming up next month so things are looking up!
No comments:
Post a Comment