Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Things to Remember: One More

Our bed time routine is pretty established.  Each night around 8pm we herd the boys upstairs for bath and bed.  Brad flosses Mike's teeth, while I get the bath going and give Ryan his toothbrush.  Once Ryan is finished, I plop him in the bath while Mike brushes his teeth and goes potty.  I wash Ryan and then he happily plays while Mike finishes up and gets in the bath.  We get Mike's hair wet, plop some soap onto his head and let him wash himself.  After a few minutes we tell Ryan to "pull the plug" and then let them play until the water is gone.  Once the water is gone, Mike will dutifully climb out of the tub and into his warm towel, while Ryan lays down on his belly in the empty tub and slides around like a little eel.  Once I am finally able to fish him out of the tub, I dry him off and carry him to the carpet so he won't slip on the tile with his wet feet. 



At this point, Mike and Brad head to Mike's room to get his pajamas on and read stories and I take Ryan into his room to do the same.  Once Ryan has his pajamas on, he requests "down" and then happily runs down the hall to "give daddy all his love."  After burying his little body in Brad's chest, he will run (toddle) back down the hall to his room and giggle excitedly at me. 

 
As soon as he sees me, he gives me the biggest grin, then turns around and runs back down to the hall to Brad.  This would probably happen all night if we let it.  Eventually I will tell him "One More" to which he will run back and fourth 3 more times saying "Mo, Mo" (one more in toddler speak) while holding up his index finger each time.

 
 I finally grab him, spin him in the air then cuddle him in close.  He buries his little face in my neck and gives me a quick kiss before I lay him in his bed.  Each night he lays down and waits for me to give him his bibi (pacifier), water and cow.  I then hold up his blanket, which he knows signals time for him to put his little legs straight up in the air.  After repeating "legs down" a few times he slams them into the mattress then grins at me as I cover up his little body, ruffle his hair, tell him I love him and slip out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment