Thursday, August 8, 2013

Running

Brad and I have been running a lot more lately.  I guess "more" isn't necessarily correct, as we have never really run before, but either way we have started taking family runs pretty much every weekend (and have been keeping it up for close to three months).  We run anywhere between 3-5.5 miles while taking turns pushing the boys in a double jogging stroller.  Pushing that stroller makes normal running seem SO much easier (60 pounds of kids plus 30ish pounds of stroller is no joke).  Anyway, the boys have been troopers and for the most part happily take in the scenery as they roll by.  Mike likes to ask a lot of questions (shocking from a three year old I know) and I can't count how many times I tell him I can't answer his question (while gasping) because it is "really hard for mommy to push you and run and answer questions all at the same time, can you PLEASE just be quiet, or talk to Ryan."

Brad showing the boys a bumblebee and explaining why we like bees

This past weekend Mike noticed a bridge as we were setting out on our run.  We promised him we would let him explore the bridge when we finished running.  When we got close enough to see the bridge he jumped out of his seat and ran over to the bridge, Ryan, of course, had to follow suit.  The two of them proceeded to excitedly chatter about the bridge and the rocks and the water.  


A flower for DA! (which is what Ryan calls Brad - always in caps, with an exclamation point, or three)

On the other side of the bridge they found a field of wildflowers and excitedly kept bringing me their "treasures" at the end of the excursion I had a slightly smashed bouquet of wonderful wildflowers and two very happy boys.





No comments:

Post a Comment