Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Destin, FL

Last week we were enjoying the emerald green waters of the gulf coast off of Destin, Florida.  The trip was great.  Not necessarily relaxing (let's face it traveling with two little kids will never be relaxing), but we had an amazing time anyway.  The boys both behaved amazingly well for the LONG car ride down and back with only a few complaints/cries.  I honestly was shocked how well they did. 

Right after we arrived Mike and I ran down to the beach while Brad and Ryan were finishing up lunch.  I don't think Mike could have been more excited.

We rented a house for the week in the Emerald Shores community.  I would HIGHLY recommend the area.  The house was beautiful, the pools were perfect and it was a very short walk to the beach.

Ryan enjoying the sand.  I think he slept with that shovel most nights.

We didn't make any hard plans and instead spent the week doing what we wanted.  Most mornings began (way too early) with family runs followed by an outing, trips to the beach, trips to the pool, naps and delicious restaurants.  We ended most days on the beach watching the sunset (for us this was a great time to go because I didn't have to worry about Ryan getting sunburned - though Brad has been telling everyone that we "vacation like vampires").

Mike was either playing in the sand, jumping over waves or running.


We rented a pontoon boat one day and sped around the bay, watched dolphins and played on a little strip of beach.
  

Mike liked to stand at the front of the boat and monitor our speed (the faster the better).

Sam was a fan of the boat as well.


With a life jacket on, Mike found the swimming pool to be the BEST PLACE EVER!!! - unless he was at the beach, then the beach was the best place ever.

Very important sand castle construction.


I honestly don't think these two could be any cuter. 

Enjoying some Popsicles on the front porch.





This is the only family picture we took the entire week.
Can we go back yet???

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the Beachboys pictorial,Count Warlick takes his family on nocturnal Florida vacation. I enjoy theme vacations. MK

    ReplyDelete