I really thought it was going to happen this year. Mike seemed genuinely excited about sitting on Santa's lap (and getting the M&M's I promised him he would get if he was good and sat on Santa's lap). He was really excited right up until it was his turn. Then he froze. He no longer cared about presents, M&M's or candy canes. He wrapped his little arms around the line divider pole and wouldn't let go. Ryan happily sat on Santa's lap for about 5 seconds before he took his older brother's cues and realized something was not right. We finally managed to get Mike to let go of the divider but he wanted nothing to do with the Jolly Elf. I actually got him to sit (without crying) on a little box by Santa's boots, but the photographer elf informed me they couldn't see him down there, so I scooped him up and smiled sweetly. Ahhh - these are going to look so nice framed on our mantle when the boys are teenagers.
 |
| 2012 |
 |
| 2011 |
 |
| 2010 |
Mike's fear of old guys with white beards has me considering shaving my beard so we can be friends. MK
ReplyDeleteI have completely given up on taking a picture with Santa... it's just not worth fighting 3 kids for it! Although I think Coop would finally go for it.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have to say that is one lazy photographer - there's plenty of space above your heads... how hard is it to move the camera to get a good picture?
& I love in 2010 that Santa's legs are showing. That's classy. :)