Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kentucky...wait, what???

Last week we were gone on vacation...to Kentucky.  Yes you read that correctly.  We vacationed in the bluegrass state.  No we do not have family there (apparently that is one of the few acceptable reasons why someone would chose Kentucky for a vacation destination).  Even our credit card company found our vacation plans suspicious which was proven when they put a block on our credit card the second we bought something in the state (imagine standing at a small town Wal-Mart having the teenage check out girl tell you your credit card has been declined then mis-key the PIN for your debit card and have it declined, then have your husband try the same credit card you did and have it be declined again...at 9PM, with two grumpy kids...good times) We rented a "cabin" (by cabin I mean beautiful house with satellite TV and a hot tub) in the Red River Gorge area and spent a week relaxing and hiking.  It was wonderful.  I felt a little sad as we watched our cabin disappear into the rear view mirror on Friday morning knowing that the real world was waiting for us.  We are already thinking about which obscure state we will visit next - maybe Arkansas...I hear it is beautiful.  I will recap the trip in more detail over the next few days.  For now, here is a picture of our happily little family:


No comments:

Post a Comment