I had my 28 week appointment on Monday. As I mentioned before, due to the single umbilical artery, I have to get (get to get?) ultrasounds every 4 weeks to make sure that our little man is still growing. With Mike I had an ultrasounds at 12 and 20 weeks and that was it. So this time around, it is really neat seeing how much baby #2 (still nameless) changes. He is growing just as he should be. His head is measuring big (no surprise there the Kessenich side, or perhaps we should go back to the Conway side is really good at making big heads). He has 10 fingers, 10 toes and is still a boy. He is currently bum down and already has hair (we could actually see it on the ultrasound).
As for mommy, I'm doing pretty well. Still feeling good, but experiencing a bit of pitting edema. My doctor and Brad agree that it is a little early for pitting edema and are both keeping a close eye on me. It was pretty bad last week in one leg. The "in one leg" is a little scary because it is more suggestive of blood clots (both legs is somewhat suggestive of preeclampsia...obviously neither are good). Otherwise I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going.
wow!!! he is a handsone lad evan if his head is basketball sized. I can feel the love already!!! mk
ReplyDelete