Saturday, December 4, 2010

DIY Wreath

This wreath is super easy and inexpensive to make. If I can do it, literally anyone can. My crafting skills are somewhere around the level of a third grader's (sorry to any third grader's I may have offended with that comment). When I told Brad I wanted to make a wreath he gave me a skeptical look then pushed the cart around as I piled the supplies into it. When I was finished his exact words were "wow, that looks a lot better than I thought it would." I asked him if his comment was in reference to my crap crafting skills and he just smiled. So anyway, if I can make this wreath, you can too. The best part is all of the supplies cost $7 and it only took about 30 minutes to make.

What you will need:
About 50-60 ornaments (I got all of mine at the dollar store...this is what cost $7)
1 wire hanger (pick the flimsiest wire hanger you have)
Hot glue gun
Wire cutters

I suppose if you don't already have a hot glue gun or wire cutters it would cost a bit more, but I found my hot glue gun at the dollar store years ago and it works great...so still an inexpensive project. Anyway, here we go...

Step 1: Pull the ends of the ornaments and hot glue them back on. From what I've heard this step is pretty important if you don't want the ornaments falling off your wreath.

Step 2: Cut the ends of the hanger (the part that is super twisted)
Step 3: Thread the ornaments onto the wire.
Step 5: Make it circular and wrap the wire ends together tightly. Hang and enjoy!
See, easy as can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment